Friday 2 January 2015

Meet the Author


K. A. Cross presents...

A. J. Raven



About A. J. Raven

 A.J Raven is a writer of mystery/paranormal/crime books. He likes to read and write stuff on the internet about TV shows, comic books, anime, manga, and all that stuff. He did his B.Sc (hons) in Bio-technology and B.A (hons) in Psychology and is currently doing M.Phil in Bio-technology so, hopefully that'll work out for him.

He has written six books in total, that make up two mystery series. 'Arousing the Legacy' is actually four books in the Colville Mystery series together! It features Anya, a female teenager, and her friends trying to survive paranormal occurrences. He’s always been a fan of complex female character so, you'll see a lot of that in his books.

The other mystery series follows a bespectacled boy named Jerry as he tries to cope with high school drama, growing up, and solving crime cases in his town. The series includes two books "Missing in Somerville" and "The Game Master of Somerville". A.J is currently working on the third book!


Want to know more?


1.  When did you first realise you wanted to be a writer?


I’m not sure. I guess ever since I was a kid. I remember completing my first story when I was 12 years old.


2.  What's your favourite thing about being a writer?


Getting to share your thoughts with the world and hopefully making their day.


3.  How did you come up with the idea for your latest book?


It’s actually Book 2 in my Ya, Mystery “The Somerville Series” that follows Jerry and his friends. I’ve always wanted to write a story about a bisexual teenager whose sexuality isn’t the only defining aspect of his character. I also wanted a group of protagonists that had flaws like real humans. 

    

4.  What do your family and friends think about your book/s?


They have been very supportive. I guess they are impressed that I’ve been able to balance my author life with my academic one.


5.  Do you plan out your books or do you just go with the flow?


I just go where the characters take me. I’ve changed a lot of things I thought before writing the book after I start writing it out. As long as I’m happy with it I think my readers will be to.


6.  What’s your favourite genre?


Mystery, Horror, and Paranormal.


7.  What’s next for you?


Book 3 in “The Somerville Series”. I’m not through with Jerry and friends just yet.


8.  What advice would you give to someone just starting out?


Keep writing. A lot of people might read you in the beginning but as long as you keep writing, you will get there.


9.  What’s your favourite season and why?


Winter! I can do without the sweat.


10.  If you weren’t a writer what would your dream job be?


I’m studying to become a scientist in the field of Biotechnology. I love studying about genetics.


11.  Sweet or sour?


Depends, but mostly sweet.


12.  If you could go back in time what one piece of advice would you give yourself?


Stop thinking too much about what people think of you.


13.  Do you believe in fate?


Definitely!


14.  If you could have any super power what would it be and why?


The ability to control the weather like Storm from X-Men. I mean, who wouldn’t like to control the weather. I could help a lot of people that way.


15.  If you only had one more day to live how would you spend it?


With all my loved ones.


16.  For many of us writing is not our full time job, what is yours?


I’m currently a student. Who knows, I might start teaching at some University or work in a research center once I’m done.



The Game Master Of Sommerville

Unable to resist a mystery, Jerry uncovers an on-line gaming site referring to a ‘secret place’ for young people who feel they don’t fit in and a game master who promises them a world where they will belong. When the daily news headline reads, “Pritchett, James (31), Murderer, Escapes from Prison,” Jerry’s mind begins to race, and after a bit of research, he finds more about the elusive Mr. Pritchett. Guilty of murdering the Watts family, he escaped prison and was last seen not far from the city of Somerville. But is the escaped prisoner the game master? 

But it here:


Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-game-master-of-somerville-aj-raven/1120395924?ean=2940150374560


iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-game-master-of-somerville/id921199329?mt=11


Allromaceebooks: https://www.allromanceebooks.com/product-thegamemasterofsomerville-1635397-148.html


Still want to know more?

You can find A. J. Raven here:

 

Goodreads:https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7425975.A_J_Raven


Twitter: @tempest071990

 

No comments:

Post a Comment