Monday 11 May 2015

Meet The Author

K. A. Cross presents...

Carmen Stevens




About Carmen

Carmen Stevens was born in Fargo, ND, March 1992. She currently resides in Detroit Lakes, MN, where she works and attends college full time. Carmen published her novel "Anne" in July 2013-an exciting, richly-written historical work about a young English girl who makes many bad choices throughout her life and then struggles to find redemption.

Want to know more?

1. What’s your favourite movie?

I don't have just one favorite film, but a few. These include The King's Speech, Valkyrie, and The Karate Kid trilogy.

2. What do your family and friends think about your book?

I'm happy to say that my family and friends are proud of my accomplishment, and some of them still want to read it. But I know that this book of mine would never have been if not for the influence of two of my sisters, who are also writers. Both of them inspired me to craft a novel such as this one.

3. What was the last thing that made you cry?

A couple of months ago, I was watching the last installment of the Lord of the Rings film trilogy, and the scenes at the end of the film are so emotional, they made me cry a bit.

4. Who is your favourite author?

Lynn Austin, who is the queen of historical fiction. I've read eight of her novels, and each one is so beautifully written and crafted. She's taught me a lot about writing, such as creating substantial characters and blending emotion with the themes and plot lines of a story.

5. What’s next for you?

I graduate from college next month with a major in Paralegalism. Yay! And hopefully within a couple of months or so, I'd like to relocate to a nearby state to live and start my legal career.

6. Do you have a nickname?

Yes, it's "Carm." Nearly all of my friends and family use it from time to time.

7. What’s your favourite genre?

Probably historical fiction, and Christian fiction. But I also love psychological, nonfiction, suspense, and mystery stories.

8. Would you prefer a quiet night in or a night on the town?

It would kind of depend on how I feel that particular night. I'm usually the type of person to just hang out at home, but I also really like going out and having some fun when I feel like it.

9. What’s your favourite season and why?

Summer. I don't mind the hot weather, and I love it when the sun shines everyday and I hardly ever have to wear a jacket when I go outside. Summer just really has a great feeling of freedom that comes with it.

10. In what kind of environment do you work best in?

In a quiet, comfortable environment, such as my bedroom. Otherwise, if I'm working on something like homework or promoting my book, it's hard to concentrate.



Anne


18th century England-Fourteen-year old Anne Falkman is an arrogant, desperate orphan trying to live any way she can on the streets of London. Through her desolate, lonely years, a hope was born within her, the hope that fate would bless her and give her lasting happiness. Growing up with an abusive, alcoholic father, Anne has nurtured a fear of men. She also fears marrying and giving birth, which was the death of her mother and caused her father to go mad and violently hate his daughter. When a series of events gives Anne a chance for happiness, she takes it and achieves her dreams, but at what cost? Will she attain the life of happiness that she dreamed of? Which choices are the best ones to make?

Buy it here:


Still want to know more?
You can find Carmen here:

Blog: bubblymissy16.wordpress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment