Sunday 3 May 2015

Meet The Author

K. A. Cross presents...

Tiffany Raynes


About Tiffany

Tiffany lives with her husband and five children in Michigan where they all love to play outside and explore their world together.

Want to know more?
 
1. When did you first realise you wanted to be a writer? 

As early as 14 or 15 years old. I have always loved to write and often wrote my journals in the form of fiction. I know that sounds weird, but it was often, instead of "Dear Diary," I would make up a name and address them as if I were telling them about my day in the form of a story.  

2. In what kind of environment do you work best in? 

I work best at night, when everyone else is sleeping and I have music in the background and a cup of coffee or a beer in hand.  

3. What's your favourite thing about being a writer?
 

The autonomy  

4. How did you come up with the idea for your latest book? 

I love being in the woods. Exploring. Imagining what that woods was like 50, 100, 200 years ago. I have always daydreamed of discovering some amazing secret out in the woods. And then there's my niece whose father died and left her a fortune. She has always loved things that were tangible...and has always hated the woods! So put these two ideas together and "Inheritance" is born!  
 
5. Do you ever base your characters on people you know? 

I usually do base my characters on people I know, yes! 
  
6. Do you plan out your books or do you just go with the flow? 

start out contriving them, but then they just take over and seem to write themselves. 

7. If you could ask a character from any book a question, who would it be and what would you ask?
 
I would ask Jeremy and Cindy from "To Weed a Garden" why in the world are they such terrible and disgusting people?  

8. Who is your favourite author? 

Barbara Kingsolver  

9. What’s next for you? 

I have just submitted "Inheritance Book Two" to my publisher and I have another novel in the works...about halfway through. That will be my evening project since I spend my time in the woods all summer during the day!  

10. What advice would you give to someone just starting out?
 
I would say, "You are already a writer, even before you are published. Being published is not validation. It is just the next chapter that happens in the story of some writers' lives. Don't be discouraged if it doesn't happen exactly when you want it to.  Keep querying with a polished, well-written query letter to the right publishers."  

11. If you were stranded on an island which three items could you not live with out? 

my Bible, water, bowie knife...  

12. If you could be born in another time when would you choose and why? 

Oh such a tough question! So many eras appeal to me! One would be the 15th century because of the art and artists and the changing times politically and spiritually, and another would be the 1950s because the cars of that era are my favorite, and because things were so much simpler. 

13. If you wrote an autobiography about yourself what would you call it? 

"Oops! That's Not What I Meant To Do!" because I say that so many times a day...   

14. What’s your favourite season and why? 

Summer. I like the heat and the outdoors. I love how everything in my state (Michigan) just drips with life, and the summer thunderstorms are phenomenal.  

15. How do you handle writers block? 

I don't acknowledge it. If I can't see it, it can't see me. 
 
16. What’s your favourite writing snack/ drink?
 
Coffee, beer, chocolate  

17. If you weren’t a writer what would your dream job be? 

I would work for a non-profit, something that truly helps people in some way.  

18. Sweet or sour? 

SWEET!!!! 
 
19. What three words best describe you?
 
free-spirited, explorer, content 

20. What your fondest childhood memory? 

the times I spent traveling with my family 
 
21. Would you prefer a quiet night in or a night on the town? 

both are equally pleasurable to me!  

22. What has been the best day of your life so far? 

The day I met my husband! I had never believed in love at first sight until it happened to me. 
 
23. If you could go back in time what one piece of advice would you give yourself? 

"You are doing exactly everything you're supposed to do to get to where you're supposed to be. Keep up the good work!"  

24. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done? 

That depends on how family-friendly this interview is! lol   

25. What was the last thing that made you cry? 

My husband telling me he thinks I'm amazing! 
 
26. If you could have any super power what would it be and why? 

I would want to be able to heal disease or wounds instantly because I can't stand seeing people or animals or plants in pain and suffering.  

27. If you only had one more day to live how would you spend it? 

Hanging out with my family.  

28. For many of us writing is not our full time job, what is yours?  

Being a wife and mom.   


Inheritance 


Fourteen-year-old Tonya, a self-centered, high-school freshman from a lower class family, whose fierce devotion to her friends and the mall is threatened by an unforeseen windfall of money that could move the family out of their current city and to another hours away from civilization. An unknown, distant cousin has passed away and Tonya’s mother was his next of kin, and heiress of his more than modest estate.
Her parents and three sisters all know the move would be the best thing for the family to get a new start, but a fact that arises regarding a long lost daughter of this unknown relative, leads to Tonya’s hope that she might one day resurface and free Tonya from the wretched wilderness her parents now want to call home. She is stubborn and determined to stay in her hometown near her friends and within her comfort zone.
Determined to stop the uprooting of her perceived glamorous life, Tonya tries to plant ideas in her parents’ heads about finding the lost daughter or selling the estate instead of moving in. But then, she discovers a secret in the woods. The acres of forest she has inherited for her backyard harbor a bigger inheritance than Tonya could ever have imagined. She becomes responsible for a huge secret nobody was supposed to discover. And suddenly, moving back to her hometown becomes out of the question as much as it becomes seemingly necessary.

Buy it here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Inheritance-Tiffany-Dorbin/dp/1500336343/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430721022&sr=8-1&keywords=Inheritance+Tiffany+Raynes

Still want to know more?
You can find Tiffany here:


No comments:

Post a Comment