Tuesday 25 November 2014

Meet The Author

K. A. Cross presents...

Angel M. B. Chadwick


About Angel

Angel Chadwick is a tour de force writing about the most painful, extremely dark and very, very difficult aspects of her life in her memoir "Corridors of My Mind" written in the unique literary style of lyrical poetry. Her words are visceral and telling of how she speaks from the deepest recesses of her soul. It's a coming of age nonfiction story starting first with her life as a wife, a mother and taking the reader backwards in time from her adulthood to her teenage years, revealing her hardships, relationships and the wisdom she's learned from it all. One of her poems in this book "Life or Some Facsimile of It" is Chadwick speaking to life itself and apologizing to it for ever doing it wrong by attempting or even entertaining thoughts of suicide.

She is a fresh, new, yet seasoned and unique multifaceted, multitalented author who has pulled herself out of obscurity many times especially with this book. "I write only what I've experienced myself, no lofty perches here only raw emotion, life experience, and soulful intelligence. To read my books is to know me, mind, body, soul, intellect and spirit my essence is on every page." Chadwick has been writing since she was thirteen years old spanning over twenty years and counting and has developed a unique, unpredictable and Godgiven style that is like no other author out there. 


Want to know more?


1. When did you first realise you wanted to be a writer?

 

 When I was thirteen years old, and wrote my first writing assignment for English class.  I got an A+ on my first short story and endless praise from my teacher.     It was the first time I discovered I could actually write.  


2. What kind of environment do you work best in?


Somewhere quiet, uninterrupted with a cup of chamomile tea or when I’m asleep.

 

3. What's your favourite thing about being a writer?


Everything.

 

 4. How did you come up with the idea for your latest book?


I based it on my real life experiences.

 

 5. Do you ever base your characters on people you know?


Yes.

 

 6. Do you ever wish that some of your characters were real?

     

No.

 

7. What do your family and friends think about your book/s?


I’ve received high praise and support from my family so far.

 

8. Do you plan out your books or do you just go with the flow?

        

Both, it depends on the mood my creative mind is in at the time.

 

9. Who is your favourite author?


Edgar Allan Poe


10. What’s your favourite genre?

       

 Horror.

 

11. What’s next for you?

 

I’m currently finishing up my second book, a fiction horror novel.

 

12. What advice would you give to someone just starting out?

 

Dream big and work harder.

 

13. What’s your favourite movie?

 

Temple Grandin, I related to it (as a parent), because I have a seven year old son who is autistic/nonverbal. But, is becoming more and more high functioning every day.

 

14. If you were stranded on an island which three items could you not live without?

 

Pen, paper and food.

 

15. Sweet or sour?

Both with always a little salty added.

 

16. If you could go back in time what one piece of advice would you give yourself?


To make better choices, particularly in men. 


17. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

By far, becoming a self-published author and loving every minute of it.

 

18. Do you believe in fate?

 

Not anymore. I believe in consequences. 

 

19. If you could be any animal in the world what would you be and why?

 

An eagle so I can fly away and because I’ve spent my whole life as an endangered species. (further elaboration, if asked privately.)


20. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?

       

It would be to heal, because there isn’t enough of it, at least not in my experience.  And also because I wish I could heal myself.

 

21. If you only had one more day to live how would you spend it?

 

That’s easy. I would spend it with my son.



Corridors of my mind

A nonfiction work; a memoir about certain aspects of the author's life, family and community written by the author in the form of literary poetry.

Buy it here:




 

 

 


 





No comments:

Post a Comment