Sunday 28 February 2016

Meet The Authors

K. A. Cross Presents....

Shel-Bee, Wilnona Marie, Jade Dee and Lin-Dub




About the ladies

Shel-Bee is fifty two. She is a spoken word poet and admirer. She has done numerous book readings. She found her quintessintal prince charming years ago and has remained married to him.


Wilnona Marie has done multiple book readings. She is thirty six and has been a writer for over a decade, a published author since the age of seventeen.


Jade Dee has been doing bilingual religious public speaking for a decade. She organizes, and performs in spoken word,public speaking,and book reading venues. This is her first book. She Is thirty and married for five years.  She was looking for Mr. Right for years, and almost gave up faith after witnessing what bad divorces her friends and family were involved in.


Lin-Dub has a New York based show in women empowerment ands blog with the same message. Shel-Bee is fifty two. She is a spoken word poet and admirer. She has done numerous book readings

Want to know more?

1.    When did you first realise you wanted to be a writer? 

Jade Dee:I do not know it just happened upon me one day.
Wilnona: In the second grade we had to write book for class, the teacher read my free write
Lin Dub: I was about seventeen years old when I rechinize it was something I really wanted to do.

2.    In what kind of environment do you work best in?

Jade Dee:Anywhere. Really, I say inspiration is all around you. 
Wilnona: Whenever Wherever just as long as the ideas are flowing
Shel-Bee:  I write throughout the day, while doing work.
Lin-dub: I have a room in the basement

3.    What's your favourite thing about being a writer? 

Jade Dee: Looking at my ideas come to life on the page.
Lin-Dub: the freedom to express my thoughts
Shel-Bee: hoping my words can help someone not make the same mistakes I did.

4.    How did you come up with the idea for your latest book? 

Jade Dee:Willona asked me to join her on her incredible book.
Wilnona: My sister told me to write a book of my poems and short stories.  I said no poems don’t sell.  Later that day I went to my cardiologist.  I told her some stories about my divorce and dating after the divorce and she said I should write a book of stories about that subject . Once again I explained that collections of poems and stories don’t sell. Three days later I went back to my dentist for the first time. Eventually she mentions if I had written my book of poems,yet. I gave in to the peer pressure and I wrote the book.
Shel-Bee: the kids had grown up and my husband didn't need me as much and I wanted to find myself. These poems come from that transition.
Lin- Dub: Wilnona invited me to be part of this book. I accepted.

5.    Do you ever base your characters on people you know? 

Wilnona: I think the all fiction is based loosely on fact. That being said,maybe.

6. Do you ever wish that some of your characters were real? 

Jade Dee: I did not write this character but, defineiy Laurie from the book.
Wilnona: Yes, I wish I could be Jasmine Melanie Malone from my suspense novel series.
Shel-Bee: I want to be the main character in Hiw to introduce hope
Lin-Dub: Haillie 

7. What do your family and friends think about your book/s? 

Jade Dee: They are still in shock I let someone have some of my work to be published.
Wilnona: Everyone knew I would be a writer no surprise here
Shel-Bee : everyone is surprised
Lin-Dub: everyone is super supportive

8. Do you plan out your books or do you just go with the flow? 

Jade Dee: I always go with the flow I think its better that way.
Wilnona: The books I plan out take years to write.  The ones I let wander they turn out awesome and I feel great about them.
Lin-Dub: I brain storm than plan out my books.

9. Who is your favourite author? 

Jade Dee: Mickey Spillane
Wilnona: Mickey Spillane

10. What’s your favourite genre?

Jade Dee:Mystery 
Wilnona: Chick Lit
Shel-Bee: Cozy mystery
Lin-Dub: whatever someone suggests. I'm open that way.

11. What’s next for you? 

Jade Dee: I am writing in the prequel of And I Thought Divorce Was Bad
Wilnona: I am writing the second to the childern’s series, my first chick-lit with another author, the Prequel to this book, I am re-releasing my autobiography and the last installment of the suspense series is on the editor’s desk.
Lin-Dub: I'm going to work some of my own stuff.
Shel-Bee: I am working on the prequel to this book.

12. What’s your favourite movie?

Jade Dee:Yes its girly, but, Pride And Prejudice 
Wilnona:The Magnificent Seven (I know it’s a classic, but it was done well.) 

13. If you were stranded on an island which three items could you not live with out? 

Jade Dee: Water, Tampons, crackers
Wilnona: Since Jade is bringing the practical stuff I am going to hope we are on the same island, so I am bringing my Iphone, hand crank battery, and Jameson.
Shel bee: books galore, hand sanitizer, pop corn
Lin-Dub: makeup, accessories, & water

14. If you wrote an autobiography about yourself what would you call it? 

Jade Dee: This crazy life of mine.
Wilnona: I do concur Jade Dee you should name it that.  Your life is amazing & interesting (putting it nicely)  I am narcasstic so I name mine after myself.

15. What your guilty pleasure? 

Jade Dee: Cake, I love it!!!
Wilnona: Fried Chicken ,a cold Orange Crush with vodka.

16. If you weren’t a writer what would your dream job be? 

Jade Dee: I am doing it an ASL interpreter.
Wilnona: Neurosurgeon

17. What three words best describe you?

Jade Dee: Short, inviting, and tomboy 
Wilnona: writer, eccentric, fun

18. If you could go back in time what one piece of advice would you give yourself?

 Jade Dee:  Don’t sweat the small stuff and do not worry about frenemies
  Wilnona: Buy stock in Starbucks, purchase apple stocks in the mid-nineties, and get hired at Instagram.
Shel-bee:That everything has a time.


19. What was the last thing that made you cry?

Wilnona: My bank account.
Jade Dee: Seeing someone give a sandwich to a starving homeless man. He was so grateful, it touched my heart. It was so beautiful to see a person actually care, not just profess it.
Shel-Bee: my friends from laughter
Lin-dub: memories 

20. If you could have any super power what would it be and why? 

Wilnona: To Fly, airfare is ridiculous with all those fees.
Shel-Bee:  to read people's hearts
Lin-Dub: making a success of whatever for myself and others

21. If you only had one more day to live how would you spend it?

Jade Dee: On a beach,with friends, family, and a good book.
  Wilnona: In Las vegas. 
  Shel-Bee: With my family and a good book
   Lin-Dub: I want one good party and my family/friends

22. For many of us writing is not our full time job, what is yours? 

Jade Dee: ASL Interpreter
Shel-Bee: Housewife
Wilnona: C.O.O
Lin-Dub: Receptionist 

And I Thought Divorce Was Bad With Other Life Lessons


Buy it here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/And-Thought-Divorce-Was-Bad-ebook/dp/B0165YN8JE





No comments:

Post a Comment