Sunday 26 April 2015

Meet The Author

K. A. Cross presents...

Emy Maldonado 


About Emy

Emy Maldonado is a mommy to twin boys whom she loves with all her heart. Everything she does is for them. She was born in Reggio Calabria, Italy, but moved to the US when she was only 6 years old. She currently lives in New Jersey where she spends any free moment writing. She loves spending time with her family, reading, writing, baking, listening to the rain, and watching the ocean waves crash.

Want to know more?

1. When did you first realise you wanted to be a writer?

I first realized I wanted to be a writer when I was probably in the 8th grade. I first started writing poetry and then I started writing short stories.  

2. In what kind of environment do you work best in?

I love to work mostly early in the morning or really late at night when everyone is sleeping. I can write in an absolute silent environment or a rather noisy one. Once I'm in my writing mode,  I definitely get lost in my story. 

3. What's your favourite thing about being a writer?

My most favorite thing about being a writer is that it can take me away from reality. I get to create worlds  and characters and I get to decide or control how things will turn out. It's my world.

4. How did you come up with the idea for your latest book?

My latest book, "Two Wrongs Make a Right", really just came to me as I wrote. I had intended it to go one way, but it actually came out differently. Most of my ideas come to me at the strangest times. TWMAR was no different. 

5. Do you ever base your characters on people you know?

No. I like to make them up entirely from whatever my mind is picturing. I might take different qualities from different people and roll them into 1 character, but it's never done on purpose and it's just the way I happen to see a particular character in my mind. 

6. Do you ever wish that some of your characters were real?

Yes! Of course! Look at Troy from TWMAR... who wouldn't wish a guy like that existed?

7. What do your family and friends think about your book/s?

They're proud of me & what I've written. I'm not sure if they're just biased, but it's been pretty good feedback ;)

8. Do you plan out your books or do you just go with the flow?

I usually plan them out first. Of course, sometimes the story just goes in a totally different direction than I had anticipated.

9. If you could ask a character from any book a question, who would it be and what would you ask?

I would love to visit Noah Calhoun from "The Notebook" and interview him. He's definitely my all-time favorite character. I'd ask him questions that would probably have nothing to do with his story ;)

10. Who is your favourite author?

I can't pick just one, but I will pick my top 2 favorites: Nicholas Sparks & Lili St. Germain

11. What’s your favourite genre?

Romance, Mystery, Thriller, & Erotica

12. What’s next for you?

I'm working on a series, but that's all I'm going to say for now ;)

13. What advice would you give to someone just starting out?

Don't give up! I never thought my dream of becoming a writer would come true, but thankfully, it has! Just keep following your dreams & write, write, WRITE!

14. What’s your favourite movie?

Again, I can't pick just one! I love "A Nightmare on Elm Street" & "The Notebook"

15. If you were stranded on an island which three items could you not live with out?

My cell phone (with hopefully never ending battery  power), my laptop (again with a never ending battery), and my journal.

16. If you could be born in another time when would you choose and why?

Well, I'm glad to be living in this day & time, so I wouldn't change it, but I would love to visit the 1700's for just one day, dress up in one of those gorgeous dresses and attend a ball. 

17. If you wrote an autobiography about yourself what would you call it?

When it comes to talking about myself, I'm not too creative, lol. How about just "The Life of Emy Maldonado"? LOL.

18. What your guilty pleasure?

Chocolate! Lots and lots of chocolate!!!

19. What’s your favourite season and why?

Autumn. I love the colors and the cool breeze in the air.

20. Do you have a nickname?

Emy is my nickname ;)

21. How do you handle writers block?

I usually take a break or write something else. Then I go back after a while.

22. What’s your favourite writing snack/ drink?

Coffee. I love writing with a hot cup of coffee.

23. How do you cope with distractions?

I just remove myself from the situation. I don't typically get distracted once I'm in my writing mode though. 

24. What would be your ideal holiday?

I love Christmas - the togetherness of my family & seeing my kids' faces when they open their presents. Seeing them so happy makes my whole life worthwhile. 

25. If you weren’t a writer what would your dream job be?

I love music so definitely something with music.

26. Sweet or sour?

Sweet. I have a terrible sweet tooth!

27. What three words best describe you?

Shy, loyal, honest.

28. What your fondest childhood memory?

My grandparents play a huge part of my childhood. Any time I spent with them means so much to me. Most of my childhood memories involve my grandparents.

29. Would you prefer a quiet night in or a night on the town?

Quiet night in. If I'm not writing or reading, I love curling up on the couch watching a good movie. 

30. What has been the best day of your life so far?

December 15, 2011 - when I became a mother to my twin boys.

31. If you could go back in time what one piece of advice would you give yourself?

There is more out there for you, keep going.

32. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

Hmmm. I'm actually a really mellow person. I don't consider myself too daring, so I don't believe I've done anything that qualifies as crazy. Sorry guys.

33. Do you believe in fate?

Absolutely.

34. If you could be any animal in the world what would you be and why?

A butterfly. Beautiful & free. 

35. What was the last thing that made you cry?

Tears of joy - my kids.

36. If you could have any super power what would it be and why?

I'd love to either be able to stop time or to alter the way things happen. Guess that's why I'm a writer... I get to control that in my stories ;)

37. If you only had one more day to live how would you spend it?

Definitely with my boys - always.

38. For many of us writing is not our full time job, what is yours?

I wish I had more time to write. But yes, I do have a full-time job. I work for a copier company and have a few different roles.


Two Wrongs Make A Right

Allison Jefferson was tired of her life. Tired of the everyday routines, tired of the same old boring life she led with her husband, Nick. Their son, Joey, was the only thing that kept her going along with the marriage. When she met wealthy, gorgeous, and incredibly established Troy Robertson, Allie's ordinary, little world was quickly thrown upside down! Allie falls hard for Troy - so hard in fact, that she begins spinning a web of lies to her husband so that she can engage in dangerous waters with Troy. One day, Allie realizes she no longer wants what she is involved in and decides to let Troy be, but it is too late. Can a story involving a wife, a husband, a lover, and a sister find a way to survive the drama and despair?

Buy it here:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/530501

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Two-Wrongs-Make-Right-Maldonado-ebook/dp/B00VPTSRB4

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/two-wrongs-make-a-right-emy-maldonado/1121605376?ean=2940151837897

Still want to know more?
You can find Emy here:

Email: emy-maldonado@outlook.com
Website: emymaldonado.weebly.com
Facebook: facebook.com/EmyMaldonado
Twitter: twitter.com/EmyWrites
Instagram: instagram.com/EmyMaldonado
Goodreads: goodreads.com/EmyMaldonado
Amazon Author Page: amazon.com/author/emymaldonado

No comments:

Post a Comment